- There is one true God, the creator and ruler of the universe, who eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. - (Matthew 3:16-17 & 2 Corinthians 13:14)
- The Bible is the inspired word of God. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living, and the final authority for all matters of faith. - (Joshua 1:8-9 & 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Every person has worth as one of God’s creations, but we are all sinners who can only be redeemed by accepting the free gift of God’s grace. - (John 3:16 & Ephesians 2:8-9)
- Forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. - (1 John 1:7-9 & 5:13)
- Those accepting Jesus Christ in faith must repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptized. - (Romans 10:9 & Matthew 28:19-20)
- The Holy Spirit is at work in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus Christ and lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. - (John 16:7-11)
- The church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to love people into a relationship with Jesus Christ and develop them into maturity in Him. - (Ephesians 5:25-27)
- Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and will reign forever. - (Mark 13:32 & Titus 2:13)
Love God: Jesus was asked, "What is the most important commandment?" His response: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind." We believe that loving God is the most important thing that we do. We feel it is a privilege in response to what He did in sacrificing Jesus in our place as the ultimate act of love for us. (Luke 10:27).
Love Each Other: We believe that those who are on this journey of life with us are important. We try to find practical ways to know, support, and serve each other on a regular basis. Jesus said that people will know we are His followers by the way that we love and serve each other. We believe this is very important, as Jesus named this as the 2nd greatest command. (Luke 10:27 & John 13:34-35).
Love the Church: While there are churches and numerous denominations around the county, the state, the nation and the world, we believe that there is only One Church. We acknowledge that we are just one small part of God's larger world-wide Church, made one in Jesus, referred to as His bride. We seek to connect and partner with others to advance God's greater purposes together, in ways that we cannot do alone. We are about His Church, above our own. (Ephesians 5:25-27).
Love Everyone Else: We live in a world full of people who are very different from ourselves. We believe that God commands us to love others. He even defines the concept of loving our neighbors as caring for and being in relationship with people who we may find no affinity with or natural connection. We believe that unconditional love is powerful and comes without judgment or criticism. We love others beyond the church walls, not so that they will believe what we believe, (that would be conditional and manipulative love with strings attached). We love simply because He loves us in that regard and commands us to do the same. (1 John 4:19 & Luke 10:25-37).